Notebook for AyitiMiyò, Oct. 19, 2012
In this section of the website, we are asking for the Haitian Global Community to help us to develop the lesson plans to teach each sub-community within the Haitian Global Community about keeping LèAyisyen, and how it is consistent with their basic beliefs and principles to do so. We are starting with these seven (7) sub-communities: Nou (A) Mothers and Fathers for AyitiMiyò; B. Christians for AyitiMiyò, C. Vodouwizan for AyitiMiyò; D. Youth/Students for AyitiMiyò; (E) Artists for AyitiMiyò ;F. Women for AyitiMiyò; G. Politicians for AyitiMiyò
1. What is LèAyisyen (Haitian Time)?
2. Our ancestors have left us these words: Union Makes The Force
They did not say 'Christian, union makes the force.'
They did not say 'Vodouwizan, union makes the force.'
They did not say, 'young, union makes the force.'
They did not say, 'older people, union makes the force.'
They did not say 'heterosexuals, union makes the force.'
They did not say 'homosexuals, union makes the force.'
They did not say 'bisexuals, union makes the force.'
They did not say 'Christians, union makes the force.'
They did not say 'students union makes the force.''
They did not say 'hillbilly, union makes the force.'
They did not say 'men, union makes the force.'
They did not say 'farmers, union makes the force.'
They did not say 'professionals, union makes the force.'.'
They did not say 'someone broken-leg, union makes the force.'
They did not say, 'You have two-legged, union makes the force.'
They did not say 'people who have capacity, union makes the force.'
They did not say 'the enlightened, union makes the force.'
They did not say 'sick people, union makes the force.'
They did not say 'people who have healthy, union makes the force.'
They did not say 'who go to school, union makes the force.''
They did not say, 'those without education, union makes the force.'
They did not say 'the rich, union makes the force.'
They did not say 'the poor, union makes the force.'.'
They said: UNION TO THE FORCE.
II. The Committees
A. Mothers and Fathers for AyitiMiyò
What is the most important thing that you need to safeguard for your children?
What is worth nothing if you Haiti is not to belong to them?
Is schooling the most critical challenge they are facing?
When does our responsibility as a mothers and fathers demand that we solve the bigger problems facing our children’s future?
Is making sure our children eat our only responsibility towards them?
B. Christians for AyitiMiyò
1. What individual problem did Christ come to manage?
Christ did not come down to manage any individual problems. He came down to manage a big social problem. Haiti is a social problem.
2. What gave Christ’s life its definitive importance?
What gave Christ’s life its definitive importance is that he came to die for us.
What reason do you have to die?
What will give your life value?
Are our Haitians children not worth it?
C. Vodouwizan for AyitiMiyò.
Offspring of goat is a goat
Offspring of oxen, is an oxen.
Offspring of God….
D. Youth/Students for AyitiMiyò
- The upcoming Haitian generation, particularly those that are still living in Haiti: No university in Haiti, the Dominican Republic, or in any other place in the world has the teachings to teach us the most important work we are to do, this work our ancestors told us to do: Keep union. This work, you are already qualified to do it. Similarly, our Ancestors were qualified without formal education!
- Life, as it is today, not because you have no education, or you do not have your career. Your life is what it is today because of how Haiti is today.
- Education and vocational training are important. But; lack of education and vocational training is the most immediate problem facing us today as Haitians, nor in Haiti; nor outside of Haiti. The more immediate problem for us is that we as Haitian are losing our Nation; we are losing our homeland, we losing our Haiti.
- Many of us have a sense of hopelessness. This makes some of us are unable to sleep at night. But focusing solely on individual goals, such as a degree or a job to solve our problems, given where we now today as Haitian, this is misguided work. It is like going after a cup a milk, and losing the cow.
- We have to marry individual problems with social problems in Haiti.
Again: What it does for you: If you have a degree and you do not find work? What it does for you: If you find work, but only for foreigners can work in your country? Who will you spend millions of billions, and leave it for you? What is worth anything, if Haiti is not for us?
- We must marry these two goals together: Individual success and for Haiti. We must marry an everyday of our lives, every day in everything we do. We must marry socially and spiritually.
- It takes silence and inaction majority to allow for the mentality of the minority to dominate.
The 35 year old generation, what are the bigger causes for your life being where it is today?
Where your life is today, is it because you are too stupid to do better? Where your life is today, Is it because you are too lazy, you for you to do better? Where your life is jodidya, because you do not too unreliable for you to do better? N0.
- Your life where it is today, is because Haiti is extremely soudevlope your country. Our individual life problems are intertwined with social problems in Haiti. Likewise, given where we are today, we must marry our individual success successful social Haiti. We must marry in to what we are doing. We must marry socially and spiritually.
- What it does for you: If you have a degree and you do not find work?
- What it does for you: If you find work, but only for foreigners that you can work in peyiw?
E. KÒRangels: Artists for AyitiMiyò
1. Artists play a unique role in society building. The artist community has the responsibility of traveling to and from to bring things down to our awareness. This psychological commute can take its tow. And thus places them at increased need of human support, and at increased risk of human turmoil.
KORangels program is an invitation to the artist community to intentionally enter and shape the conversation of humanity evolution. The artist community, often blessed with visionary truths, do not play enough of a director’s role in present society-building. In many respects, this craft has moved to being a spectator sport, much to our detriment as a human society.
The goal of the KORangels program is to support the development of a new breed of artists to model functioning from their core as living art, and from that societal-directing, societal-guiding place, produce art for public consumption. [what kind of consumption?]
F. Women. for AyitiMiyò
G. Politicians for AyitiMiyò